Install App Mesh
In this section, we will be using an experimental feature of
eksctl to install App Mesh.
The eksctl appmesh profile will deploy the App Mesh Kubernetes components along with monitoring and progressive delivery tooling on an EKS cluster.
Components that this profile will install include:
- Kubernetes custom resources: mesh, virtual nodes and virtual services
- CRD controller: keeps the custom resources in sync with the App Mesh control plane
- Admission controller: injects the Envoy sidecar and assigns pods to App Mesh virtual nodes
- Telemetry service: Prometheus instance that collects and stores Envoy’s metrics
- Progressive delivery operator: Flagger instance that automates canary releases on top of App Mesh